Friday, September 09, 2005

The Skull, by popular demand

Lo these many years ago, I was working retail in a mall. I worked one of those kiosks in the main corridors of the mall and at night we had to put up these stupid awnings to cover the kiosk. One night my co-worker didn't show up to help me and, as I may have already said one or two times, I'm pretty short. The awnings attached at the top of the kiosk. The kiosk is about 7' tall.

I stood on a wobbly stool to attach the awnings.

The wobbly stool slipped out from under my feet.

I landed head-first on the concrete floor.

I took a cab home. Went to bed. Woke up the next morning needing to throw up and feeling very dizzy. Went to the doctor (in a cab). Got checked. They found I couldn't focus my eyes (not uncommon for me, I have a lazy eye) and said, "You've won an MRI!" I was fine, just a bit concussed.

So yes, VERY, VERY, VERY stupid. STUPID.

9 comments:

Running2Ks said...

Oh man, wow! I'd never have known. You are very resilient. (And LOL, APL)

ccw said...

I was curious, thanks for sharing.

I agree with APL, you keep a hell of a blog for having damaged your skull!

Yankee, Transferred said...

ouch. Sorry, even though it's only a memory now.

Suburban Turmoil said...

That's awful. Damn kiosks! I'll never shop at one again!

Piece of Work said...

Ha ha ha! I would never have guessed you had a brain injury. Seriously, though--ouch.

moxiemomma said...

oy!

purple_kangaroo said...

Ouch, ouch ouch! I'm glad you're ok though.

KLee said...

*That* explains a lot! :) Just kidding! I once whacked my head so hard, my husband said that I said I saw little Tweety Birds circling around.

I can only assume that I knocked myself for a loop, and was momentarily out of my head.

I'm glad you didn't suffer any lasting damage. I'm a very clumsy person, so I really feel your pain. It sounds like something I would have done.

halloweenlover said...

Poor MM! That isn't so stupid, just an unfortunate accident. APL cracks me up, though!