Thursday, March 22, 2007

Nevermind

It looks crappy in the yarn I'm using (grey and blue twist). I'm going to rip it out and start again using a solid color (probably white). But...do I have any white sock-weight yarn? No.

Can I justify buying white sock weight yarn when I have a whole blooming box in the closet including some excellent silk wool begging (for more than a decade) to be knitted into something pretty for me? Mmmmm...probably not. But I want to knit these socks! I don't know what I want to do with the silk wool yet - it's a beautiful brown-grey tweedy flecky slubby soft wool - probably needs to be a vest (due to the fact that I don't have enough for a sweater), but will a vest look good on me? It wants to have cables, but do I want the bulk of cables added to the bulk of the bodacious tatas?

Decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

ccw said...

I only wish that I could knit so that I could have such problems. (Minus the bodacious tatas since mine are more like small deflated balloons)

Camera Obscura said...

Put the cable right down the middle, in between the bodacious ta-tas. Do the little popcorn-looking stuff on either side.

allison said...

Oh, I have a great solution!

Knit the pretty silk wool into a vest for me. I look great in vests!

;-)