Thursday, August 23, 2012

His first assignment

Today was Open House at my son's school for kids to meet their teachers. My son's teacher this year is Mr. TallKindFormerThirdGradeTeacher (not his real name), a gentleman my son knows and likes but didn't have as a teacher himself (he had Ms. Marvelock).

Mr. TallKindFormerThirdGradeTeacher gave the kids an assignment. Below are Mr. Spock's pictures of the intructions


and here's what Muffin Man wrote:


Excuse me, while I go be verklempt on my own for a little while. It looks like I might be raising a mensch.


8 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

I think I'm in love. Is he too young for my 24-year old daughter?

Liz Miller said...

Just a smidge. Alas.

kathy a. said...

what a great assignment! and a great kid.

Anonymous said...

Raising a mensch? Actually, you've been working on a couple of them. The fact that one of us will get there before the other is because the older one hasn't figured out yet what he wants to be when he grows up.

-ms

Anonymous said...

Looking over that list again, I have to assume it was only for lack of space that the little Albert Schweitzer didn't add "humble."

-ms

Anonymous said...

I am taking copious notes for my kids. B2

Genevieve said...

Aw, that's awesome!
A mensch is the best thing to be, and to raise.

Val said...

Great job, Liz and Husband!