My sister-in-law and her husband gave us gift certificates to a movie theatre and a promise of free baby-sitting when we go to the movies. Thus one of my resolutions for the year is to see at least one non-G-rated film before it comes out on DVD.
We're losing my income this year since I'll be going to school full-time, so another resolution is to take my lunch at least 3 times a week, and to cook ahead more often.
APL has a post about 2005 and the events in her life during that year.
So I thought I'd copycat off her and list mine too.
* Achenblog led me to Corndog who led me to APL who led me to Phantom Scribbler and I knew I'd met at least three people I'd like to keep as friends for life. Many more now. And I also met APL (and AB) and Corndog in person.
* Muffin Man learned what toilets are for, and matured in lots of other ways - he constantly amazes me.
* I applied and got accepted to my first choice of college. I'm really looking forward to finishing my Bachelor's Degree.
* We got a screened-in porch built on the back of our house.
* My husband and I, like APL, gave more money to charity than ever before, for the same reasons.
* I quit a job to take a new one simply to cut my commute by more than half.
* I took Muffin Man to see his first film in a theater and thus went to the movie theatre for the first time since the first Lord of the Rings film.
Through My Glasses, Dorkily
6 years ago