1. Communications class cancelled. I didn't find out about it until I got there and saw the note on the door. Couldn't leave to go to blogger meetup early because of...
2. Study session scheduled for after Communications class. But I should have left anyway because both study partners stood me up.
3. The printer system at school wasn't working until the very last minute for me to print out directions to get to Dupont Circle to meet up with...
4. Profgrrrrl! Who is even funnier and nicer than she is on her blog, and was very kind about me being late. Oh, AND she's gorgeous, which she never says on her blog. And we attracted a flock of sparrows who coveted our food. She rescued my day....seriously. I hope I didn't make her think I'm always as flaky as I must have seemed today.
Glad you got home safely, Profgrrrrl!
5. And then I had to get home, dress up in my finest toggery (I looked mahvelous, as did Mr. Spock), go pick up Muffin Man (oohs and ahhs on the toggery), drop him off at my SIL's, and go with Mr. Spock to a local political shindig. Mingled. Sat with a former co-worker and car-pool partner and his lovely and intelligent wife. Left as early as we could after the last of the speeches. Retreived a sleeping Muffin Man. Got home. Tore a hole in floor-length skirt. Thank goodness, it can be rescued with a bit of judicious hemming.
Through My Glasses, Dorkily
6 years ago