Thursday, June 08, 2006

My brain is frozen

One of our local radio stations has an "eclectic lunch" every day. And every day has a different theme; on Tuesday, it was songs about the devil (06/06/06).

A few days ago, it was a theme inspired by the National Spelling Bee and all the songs had to do with spelling. The eclectic lunch started at noon, which is just when I had to go into my Linguistics class, so I have no idea what songs were played.

For the life of me I can't come up with an hours worth of music for this theme, can you?

So far, I've got:
  • Gloria
  • Respect
  • Saturday Night (Bay City Rollers)
  • Lola
  • I'm Henry the Eighth, I Am
  • Rocking in the USA

Any more? What am I missing?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Love's In Need of Love Today" - Stevie Wonder

"I L-O-V-E You" - Take 6

"ABC" - Jackson 5

"T-R-O-U-B-L-E" - Elvis Presley

Susan Anne MacKenna said...

Alright... you asked... I'm sorry to do this..... "Method of Modern Love", Hall & Oat(e?)s.

Oy, that hurt.

Anonymous said...

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N!

Anonymous said...

Maybe they played the soundtrack from the (Tony-winning) "23rd Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee"?

I can only think of kid songs, like
B-O-O-T-S - but I love the ones you came up with (and your funny commenters too).

Anonymous said...

Would "I Put a Spell on You" count?

Phantom Scribbler said...

C-R-E-E-P, The Fall. I'm teaching my kids to spell that one.

Mummy/Crit said...

What about acronyms?
YMCA?

Courtney said...

Gwen Stefani, "Hollaback Girl"

elswhere said...

There's that country & western song, "D-I-V-O-R-C-E".

And then there's...hmm...yeah, I see what you mean.

How about that old Tom Lehrer/ Electric Company classic, "Silent E"?

And "A, You're Adorable..."

Neither of those is exactly about spelling, per se, but I'd stretch a theme like that to include anything about letters or the alphabet.

Heather said...

I'm so glad I found this post again. I was driving somewhere yesterday and "American Woman" came on the radio... It spells out American at the beginning...so it fits! I immediately thought "I need to figure out which blog I was reading to post about this!

I need a life.

Liz Miller said...

Thank you everybody! My brain feels so much less frozen because of all your help!