Saturday, June 03, 2006

Ugh

Thursday night I felt like I'd been pummelled in the kidneys. I had been an uber-bitch to my son. I felt like shit.

Friday morning, blood draw for cholesterol, breakfast with Mr. Spock, get to Nearby College for my Linguistics class and...

On my way to the classroom I feel queasy and weak, so I go to the bathroom and find that I have had a good reason for my testy, crabby, crampy behavior.

The tidal wave has hit once again. Mystery Mommy is on the rag.

Now normally, I know when it's due. I pay attention to these things. Truly. But for some reason this month I let it totally blind-side me.

And, of course, it's worse than usual. Cramping. Nausea. Headaches. Bitchiness. Quick temper. Sensitive sense of smell so I feel stinky too. And the constant damp, gooey feeling (even with a tampon!) is just squicky.

When I'm prepped for it, it's less of a drain. I usually dose up on some ibuprophen for a couple of days before, and stock up with the chocolate. The squick factor is less when I'm prepped, because I have a tampon with me - this time I had to buy a pad from the dispenser at school and even though I've showered since, I still feel sticky. And if it were just about the old blood and gunk, it wouldn't bother me. Why in the world does it also have to drain every ounce of energy AND make me hurt AND turn me into the Holy Hag from Hell?

I hate me like this. I feel like the World's Worst Mother and the World's Worst Wife.



A point in my favor: I made a killer batch of Baked Shells (formerly known as Baked Ziti) last night and we had leftovers.

A point against: I ate the last brownie...and didn't share.

8 comments:

Phantom Scribbler said...

I still haven't gotten mine, but I know my luck can't hold out forever. I sometimes have nightmares that it's come back.

What it arrives, I will be a Bitch on Wheels. Teh bloating, teh cramps (I don't eat for a day and a half), teh headaches, and (of course) teh squick? Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. I promise you that you seem like Mary Poppins in comparison.

jenn said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling ick, my dear. I decided to get mine this past week since it was already a sucky week anyways.

As much as I get to decide anything like this.

But I must say it has been better since getting onto this new pill. *shrug* I have no clue what makes this one better, but the hormone combo means a three day lighter period. Go team marvelon.

xox
jenn

Anonymous said...

((Liz))

SuzanH said...

Oh, man. That just SUCKS. Don't feel guilty for eating the brownie, either. Some times, you just have to.

Hope you feel better.

Mieke said...

GET ON THE PILL!!! I had forgotten how great it is!

Liz Miller said...

Oooh, mieke, 15 years of been there, done that. It made for great periods, but wasn't so great the rest of the time.

But thanks! It is a good suggestion!

purple_kangaroo said...

Awww, big hugs.

Anonymous said...

This year marks 29 years of the insanity for me. Being pregnant is like getting off for good behavior. When I feel the worst, the very worst, I have figured out it is because I haven't been active enough. How can you not be active enough? I know!!! I am too busy as it is but just before if I walk more and do more physical activities I have a much more easier time of it.

I am so late getting around by now you are over it but I do sympathize!