Tuesday, December 05, 2006

0600

We instituted a rule recently that MM could NOT come for morning snuggles until 6 AM. Everytime he poked his nose into our room before then, we'd haul his tushy back into his own room. Not to be mean, but I'm not a good Mommy if I don't have my sleep. And he's really not a pleasant boy if he hasn't had his. And we don't sleep well jammed three in the bed, when one (cough Muffin Man cough) is not only a blanket stealer, but likes to sleep cross-wise.

Yesterday (and again today) he made his first appearance at 0600 sharp. "I read the clock, Mama!!! it's Snuggle Time!"

7 comments:

Jody said...

Ah, but he's learning to tell time!

(Insert wicked laugh)

I feel for you, my son is an early riser and it still slays me.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww! Snuggle time! Cute cute cute.

ccw said...

So cute and sweet of him but 6 am? I'm not even remotely coherent at that hour.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Aw, he's so cute. And so smart!

Scrivener said...

What a great way to teach him to tell time!

Miranda said...

The Muffin Man sounds a lot like another little boy I know. He doesn't come into my bed anymore in the middle of then night to steal the blankets and the bed, but rotates instead between his brother and sister's beds.

This too shall pass.

Thanks for the lovely advice you left on my blog, Liz.

Anonymous said...

You taught him to tell time! :-)