- "Molly-child, now supper's done, go fetch Neighbor Dixon's horse."
- It is very difficult to look as if you minded the death of a grandfather who, though you may have spent your holidays in his house, seldom remembered you did.
- The Zoo Man came riding into Four Corners on a coal black wagon pulled by a coal black mule.
- It was Patrick Gilligan in his hansom cab who took Lucinda around from the old Gedney House to the Misses Peters' apartment, two flights up.
- I got off to a bad start at Bat Masterson Junior High School.
- Mrs. Eva Marie Olinski always gave good answers.
- Spring had come and once more the young beech trees beside the rushing Illerbach were a tender green.
*same rules as last time except that some of these books came out more recently than 30 years ago.