Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Latkes! Get yer hot latkes!

We invited MM's friend, SheIsAlmostAsTallAsMe, and her mom, IReallyLikeHer over for some hot potatoey goodness and the rest of the Hanukah scene last night.

The kids played Lego Star Wars while us grownups talked about everything and nothing as I fried up something like 30 latkes.

Neither of the kids were that into the latkes, but IReallyLikeHer ate 4 (as did I) and took some home with her.

They really liked the candle-lighting and were surprised that we gave SheIsAlmostAsTallAsMe a present (IReallyLikeHer was a bit chagrined that she didn't bring anything and I just shook my head and said, "no. You weren't supposed to.")

They left around eight. Gotta do that more often.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, latkes! Sounds like a very good time.
I'm hoping to make some this weekend - haven't had enough evening hours to do it yet.
Happy Hanukkah!

Mummy/Crit said...

Yummo! I haven't had latkes for a long time. Enjoy your holidays!

Magpie said...

We had latkes for dinner on Christmas Eve.

In the car on the way home, I told Mir we were having hamburgers and potato pancakes. She said, 'you mean latkes?' - she learned about them in school.

She loved them - dipped in ketchup!! And Santa got one of the leftovers.