Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm home!

Hi there! Here's Self-Portrait In Gown (taken when I was already feeling much better):

My hair is pulled into an inside-out french braid courtesy of the elastics brought to me by my good friend, DeepVoicedFirstGrader'sMom who works at HospitalIWentTo (for those of you who live near me, it's the one near and named for LovelyTownCenterWithAnOutdoorIceSkatingRink)

The Last Supper. Excellent iced tea, pretty good meatloaf and green beans, and absolutely horrible mashed potatoes and soup. I don't know how they managed that.

Nectar of the Gods. Not even remotely kidding:
And best of all, MM learned to tie his shoes YESTERDAY at PoshPlace. He showed MS and me this morning. I'm so glad I didn't miss that. Here is his very first double-knot tied all by himself.

It is very good to be home.

13 comments:

jo(e) said...

Welcome home! Glad you are getting better.

Genevieve said...

I just checked in (haven't been on the blogs for a few days) and saw this -- so glad you are home and doing better!! But I'm sorry I didn't know you were so sick. Keep recuperating and feel much better, very soon! Maybe order in some better mashed potatoes than the nasty ones the hospital had.

esperanza said...

So glad you're on the mend and HOME. Mashed potatoes must be homemade for me to eat them. And they need lumps, so I know they were made with actual potatoes. Hospital ones are disgusting. That's probably what made you sick. I'm sure of it!

Jenn said...

Oh I'm so sorry you were sick! I hope you are feeling so much better, and I'm so glad you are home now.

Sending many hugs!!

Jenn

susan said...

I'm so glad you're better!

Magpie said...

I'm glad you're home. What was it, anyway?

debangel said...

What the @#$!? You poor thing..what happened??

I think hospitals make stuff like gross mashed potatoes as an incentive to get better and leave!

Madeleine said...

x o x o x o x

Feel better soon!

kathy a. said...

glad you are home and feeling better!~

BrightenedBoy said...

Returning home is always a great feeling.

Mummy/Crit said...

Golly! I spent a few days not checking blogs, and I missed it all. Sorry to hear you were so crook, but very glad to hear you are much improved! Inside out french braid is impressive - I keep meaning to teach myself how to do one of those, and then I forget and just do a normal one.

Heather said...

Had no clue that you also were in the hospital and sick. (hugs)

I'm home now too and trying to catch up on blogs.

Miche said...

Oh my gosh.

Late to the game and so sorry to hear you weren't well. Glad you're better and home from the hospital!