Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lovely weekend, lovely mother's day

Yesterday was skating lessons, followed by a practice skating session followed by chores followed by leftovers for dinner.

Today was:

Homemade prezzies from MM and Godiva chocolate ("dark, so I won't be tempted to ask you to share!") from MS, a pajama breakfast and then hurrying into nice clothes.

UU services (the flower communion), lunch at Anita's in Leesburg, dessert at South Street Under (where we saw folks we know from UU), and then a trip to Wegman's where we saw 7 people we knew before we even walked in the door. And everywhere we went, we enjoyed the fact that it was a really truly Spring Day.

Dinner at home (roasted garlic chicken, mashed taters, and fiddlehead ferns) and a rousing game of Uno which I LOST (how DARE they beat me on MOTHER'S DAY!!!).

And that sums it up.

How was your Mother's Day? I hope it was a happy one.

2 comments:

Mummy/Crit said...

Yes, I had my mum and stepfather over for lunch, which was great. She cooked some and beloved and I cooked some. We had a great time, and I got some family stories that I'd been meaning to ask about for ages. Then my stepfather's mother got picked up and came for afternoon tea. She's 93.

'fiddlehead ferns'?

Anonymous said...

They're great.

ms