- No matter how comfortable your shoes are, after 200 doors, your feet will hurt.
- No matter how cool and breezy it is, after 200 doors, you will be sweaty and stinky.
- Wearing an Obama '08 shirt saves time at the doors. People who love him and people who hate him declare themselves immediately.
- It's much easier to find people who will volunteer for a campaign on a beautiful sunny breezy day.
- Ground-floor-entry town-homes are still my favorite.
- Two 32-oz bottles of Gatorade are not enough for 200 doors.
- The Thermos Hydration Bottle works beautifully. I left it in the car while walking (my walk was broken up into pretty separated locations) and even after hours in the car, my gatorade was still icy cold. The lid locks down so that it doesn't inadvertantly flip open in your bag, but when you do flip it open, it stays open without needing to be held. I love it. Will buy many many more as gifts for the campaign staff and volunteers. (I bought mine at Wegman's. Thermos has neither solicited nor paid for this review.)
- Next time, I'll start earlier and see if I can do 250.
Through My Glasses, Dorkily
1 year ago