Thursday, September 08, 2005

Alphabet Meme (seen everywhere, but this one copied from Pink Cupcake (see "N"))

A - Accent. I was the only person in my linguistics class in college that my teacher couldn't place. "Somewhere in the east, probably mid-atlantic." was the best he came up with. "wud it help ya if I tawkt like dis?" I asked. "BROOKLYN? How'd you manage to escape without an accent?"
Just lucky I guess.
B - Bra Size. 36 DD.
C - Chore you hate. Cleaning. Like most of you.
D - Dad's name. MakesBooksForGrandkids.
E - Essential make-up. Sunscreen.
F - Favourite Perfume. None. NONE.
G - Gold or Silver? Used to be silver, now it's gold.
H - Hometown. BROOKLYN!!!
I - Insomnia. No.
J - Job Title. Software developer.
K - Kids. MUFFIN MAN!
L - Living Arrangements. Co-habiting with husband and son in a somewhat walkable sub-division.
M - Mom's birthplace. BROOKLYN!
N - Favourite Noldo I have no idea what this is. Does anyone else know??
O - Overnight Hospital Stay. Muffin Man's birth. Arrived Friday, left Monday.
P - Phobia. Small high spaces. And tsunamis.
Q - Favourite Quote."I'm monitoring the culture!"
R - Religious affiliation. Culturally Jewish. Spiritually, somewhat Quaker, mostly agnostic.
S - Siblings. One older sister. My tooth fairy.
T - Time I get up. 6:30. My alarm consists of a door creaking open, little feet padding down the hall and a smiling face peeking in at the door.
U - Unnatural hair colours. Never.
V - Vegetable you refuse to eat. Does cilantro count?
W - Worst habit. Nail biting. Actually, cuticle biting. I'm finally leaving the nails alone, but I'm having trouble with the cuticles.
X - X-rays you've had. Teeth, wrists (only sprains), foot (small broken bone), nose (broken in summer camp), lungs (whooping cough), neck/spine (car accident), skull (I did something incredibly stupid)
Y - Yummy foods you make. Oven-fried coconut chicken, spicy ginger peanut chicken, spaghetti sauce, salmon-salad sandwiches.
Z - Zodiac sign. Pisces.

10 comments:

ccw said...

Great list! I really enjoyed reading this.

Running2Ks said...

Loving the answer. Fantastic meme. I dropped my Long Island accent years ago (now everyone thinks I'm actually from somewhere vague in the midwest, LOL!)

Yankee, Transferred said...

Little bits of Liz...I love them!

jo(e) said...

The funny thing is that now I am imagining you with a Brooklyn accent ....

halloweenlover said...

Holy smokes! I am so not doing this meme if I have to share my bra size. It is pitiful compared to yours and pink cupcake's! I am very jealous.

Oh my goodness, small high places would be the WORST.

And now you have to share the incredibly stupid thing with the skull. Come on, you know you want to!

Suburban Turmoil said...

Cuticle biting? OUCH!

I want your coconut chicken recipe. Please please!

And you don't like cilantro???!!!! I LOVE IT!

Oh no! Way too many exclamation points in this comment! How embarrassing!

RussianViolets said...

I'm with you on Cilantro. I cand deal with it in very small and undetectable quantities, but once I taste it, it's all downhill.

Piece of Work said...

I'm with Halloweenlover. You must spill the skull injury.

purple_kangaroo said...

I love cilantro, but it gives me either an allergic reaction or some kind of chemical burn (not sure which) if I eat too much of it.

Pink Cupcake said...

Mmmmmm....I'm drooling at the thought of oven-fried coconut chicken. :)

As for what a Noldo is, I've read a couple of different suggestions. Bright Star thinks it's some kind of elf from Middle Earth, and Storm Front mentioned an artist (who is into 'deviant art') called Noldo...I still have no idea!

And, can someone please tell me what cilantro is? I keep seeing it mentioned on blogs and we obviously call it something else in the UK. Thanks!