Monday, December 19, 2005

Attention: New maturity alert!

At about 5:45, Muffin Man came in and wanted to snuggle and I brought him back to his own room (after asking if he needed to go potty and him saying, "no") (our rule is everyone in their own bed until after 6:30). And then at 6:30 he came back in, went straight into the bathroom, pee'd, flushed, turned out the light and went back into his own room WITHOUT ANY ASSISTANCE FROM ME. He didn't even know I was awake. Granted, he didn't wash his hands, but I'm not asking for miracles here.

At 7:00, he came back in and we worked on our respective computers (did I tell you that Mr. Spock set up a computer for Muffin Man? He did. Pictures to follow) for 20 minutes and then got dressed and dropped him off at school (perfectly happy) and got me to work (counting down to my last day!)

4 comments:

KLee said...

So cool! Gotta love the mature MM! I can't wait to see the pictures of the Computer Kid!

Anonymous said...

Such a big guy. I can't even imagine how big he's gotten since I saw him last!

Running2Ks said...

Wasn't it just yesterday that you declared "done with diapers" inspiring me and a generation of potty trainers to not give up hope?

He is amazing.

Liz Miller said...

Alas, he is still refusing to poop on the potty (mostly), so we still have diapers for that.

He gets his poopy face on, asks for a diaper (new maturity alert! He put on his own diaper this morning!) and goes into a bathroom or a closet to poop (standing up) in private).

Sigh.

And I bought 2 huge boxes of diapers from Amazon when we already had a new box in the house so I was SURE he'd wean himself off them before a week was out. No such luck.