Wednesday, December 28, 2005

CD recommendation

Christine Lavin has a holiday CD that I received for Christmas. Half the songs on the album have grabbed hold of me and won't let go, and I've forced others to listen to them too. This is some of the prettiest a capella music I've ever heard. Highlights include "Dona Nobis Pacem" and "Tacobel Canon" (beautiful and tasty!), and "A New Year's Round".

The CD also includes two stories I'm probably not going to listen to again, and 5 songs that are good, but not great. But the other 7 songs, those songs are being played over and over. So peaceful, so glorious.

3 comments:

Marc said...

Hi Liz! Thanks so much for loaning me the CD. I subjected my wife to it last night. Personally I really enjoyed "The Runaway Christmas Tree", but Tacobel's Canon does take the cake (or fajita, as the case may be). By the way, they don't actually sell fajitas at Taco Bell, do they?

purple_kangaroo said...

I am listening to Amazon's clips of the CD now. So far, I like the music very much.

Liz Miller said...

I've been singing "Dona Nobis Pacem" at the top of my lungs on my commute. Very refreshing.