Friday, August 04, 2006

Verklempt

Luau day today in Muffin Man's class.

One of his teachers is Hawaiian and she brought in food and has been teaching the kids to hula. So today we got to eat delicious dishes and watch our kids do beautiful meaningful dances while their teacher said things like, "Okay now! Look at your pretty, pretty shells! Now throw out your nets! Be a fish! Pull in your nets! Look at all the fish you caught! Wave Aloha! Again! The other way! Now be a fish again!"

And I watched my little man dance in his "grass skirt" (streamers on construction paper) and I got all choked up.

Mahalo, KindBeautifulLongHairedHawaiianTeacher.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I bet that was great. I would be totally bawling, but then, I am a big baby when it comes to things like that.

Anonymous said...

Sounds so adorable!