Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Skitter, skitter

Little ice pellets are hitting the sky lights above me. They come in gusts and then have a steady beat for a while and then another gust. When the wind blows them hard enough, they sound louder on the windows than on the roof.

I had to stay at my Biology lab until we were all done with our activity, since part of the sheet we filled out required an average of all our scores, but I made it home before the weather got really icy in our neck of the woods. Even so, it took me over an hour and a half to get home, rather than the usual 40 minutes. Ours was the last class of the day, all later classes were cancelled.

Now I'm obsessively checking the website to see if they've cancelled tomorrow's classes. I have an exam scheduled for tomorrow, and I'm prepped for it, but if it's icy out here and they don't cancel classes, I'm going to end up with a zero on that exam. Fortunately, I can drop my lowest test score in that class, but I'm really hoping I won't have to do that.

I hope you are all safe, warm, and cozy.

1 comment:

Phantom Scribbler said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your class to be cancelled tomorrow!