The Small Quiz
- There is no lake at Camp Green Lake. Yes, it is Holes.
- It was January in northern New York State, sixty-seven years ago. Farmer Boy is right!
- Even when the last of the medicine bottles were cleared away and she was supposed to have "had" convalescence, Harriet did not get well. Skating Shoes by Noel Streatfeild. I love this book. LOVE. IT. And though the two main characters are girls, one of them has three brothers and they are really strong characters too.
- She scowled at her glass of orange juice. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley. Read it. You'll thank me later.
- Once when I was six years old I saw a magnificent picture in a book, called True Stories from Nature, about the primeval forest. People, this is The Little Prince. Genevieve got it!
The Sappy Romance Novel Quiz
- Wife For Hire by Janet Evanovich (yes, the mystery author)
- Beyond Eden by Catherine Coulter
- Venetia by Georgette Heyer (I may have mentioned her once or twice).
- The Royal Mess by Maryjanice Davidson (alternate reality. Alaska is an independent nation with a hereditary monarchy).
- The Shuttle by Frances Hodgson Burnett. What, you didn't know she wrote romance novels?
- Plains of Passage by Jean M. Auel (guilty pleasure)
- The Lady by Anne McCaffrey (yes, the author of the Pern novels).
- Little Earthquakes!
- One on One by Tabitha King (basketball and romance by the wife of Stephen King).
- Die for Love by Elizabeth Peters. This one is the inside joke. It's a mystery and the detective is a romance writer.