- MM is an artistic genius. He drew a picture of the two of us on the train. In the picture, he has a black magic marker in his hand and is holding a picture of two people (upside down to the viewer, right-side up to the picture of himself). He's drawn a picture of himself drawing a picture of himself. I am flabbergasted.
- If you are ever in NYC and you've got your kids with you and its summertime, go to the Hudson River Park across the street from West Beth. There's a sprinkler playground there that is just fantastic. MM ran around there yesterday in his TMNT boxer briefs. We borrowed sunscreen from a mom who was sitting next to us.
- The Saturdays is just as good as I remembered it when I was a kid and is a great book to read to a six-year-old with a decent attention span. We read 56 pages of it on the train coming back.
- I love walking around Park Slope. What a great neighborhood.
- MM is getting to be a seriously big boy. I mean, there was no whining. He was fantastic.
- It's always worth getting a red-cap when you are departing from Penn Station if you are with a young child and you get nervous in crowds.
- Canvas bags are great to keep in the car for many reasons. Not the least of which is they catch vomit quite nicely.
Through My Glasses, Dorkily
6 years ago