Monday, June 23, 2008

Skinny legs and all

Blurry pictures of my bits and pieces. Bad light and a cell phone camera. Today I feel pretty congruent, all told, but I wanted to illustrate what I was talking about here.

Hi! See what I mean about the arms being overwhelmed by a superior force?



Side. Barbie arms.


Yes, those are my bony ankles.
Sometimes I feel like someone sewed me together out of two totally different bodies. But you know what? It's alright. My body is strong and healthy. I can pick up my son and twirl him around, flip him upside down, and tickle his tummy. Today, I feel beautiful.

And by the way, this is what 4'11'', 125 lbs looks like.

6 comments:

ccw said...

You are beautiful! I can't deny the superior force but I'm not seeing your other complaints.

I think most of us could dissect our bodies and come away feeling this way. I could do post after post about my real and imagined flaws.

Here's to a lifetime of feeling strong, confident, and beautiful about your body, skinny legs and all! :)

Gary said...

All I see is a beautiful, intelligent, funny and vibrant woman with great gastrocnemius muscles.

Liz Miller said...

I do have great gastros, it's true. But what you're looking at there is the anterior tibialis. Of which I have particularly fine specimens. My upper arm muscles may be made of silly putty, but my shins and calves are CUT.

kathy a. said...

i was thinking your upper arms look muscled -- who needs to pump iron when you have a kid? -- and trying to figure out why you think they look like barbie arms.

you're gorgeous and brilliant! we're all put together a little differently, but that's ok.

Anonymous said...

You look like a whole, complete person to me, and a lovely one to boot.

purple_kangaroo said...

And beautiful you are!