Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Not Fresh, Not Fresh At All.

Yesterday I turned on the radio. It was, at the time, set for 88.5 WAMU (the local NPR station) but I was in the mood for a bit of something more raucous. So I tuned in 94.7 The Globe, which plays Pink Floyd and other such phenoms of classic rock.

Imagine my surprise when, instead of hearing Floyd or other such phenom of classic rock, I hear Jason Mraz. And then...then...I hear the station call-sign. 94.7 The Globe is now 94.7 Fresh FM. With, as far as I can tell, no live on-air people. "Fresh" is serving up canned music from a satellite feed somewhere.

And the music seems to be exactly what's being played on Mix 107.3 FM and 92.5 WINC FM, both of whom actually have live local people on-air.

So, it's time to take 94.7 off my presets. Bye-bye pre-packaged music without a shred of personality!

BTW, anyone know where I can get an on-air dose of raucousness now?

No comments: