Sunday, July 26, 2009

Today I am missing out on a picnic I wanted to go to

Instead, I am staying in the house drinking lots of fluids and eating Jello. Am I sick? No. I am not.

I am prepping for a lovely procedure tomorrow morning.

The prep involves a bit of unpleasantness.

Basically, they're checking to make sure that all that todo back in May hasn't done any damage.

So far, I can tell you that orange-flavored Jello isn't half bad. I will report out on Peach (Edited to add, Peach isn't as good as orange, but still edible) and Lime later. I will not report out on orange-flavored Gatorade with added preparatory ingredients (Edited to add, tastes fine, especially cold).

So you're not going to see me at the doors today or tomorrow. And I really think that's a good thing.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

I hope you can at least enjoy a nice book or a dvd!

kathy a. said...

that stinks. all around.

Madeleine said...

What is the appropriate sympathetic message for this occasion? Not "Feel better soon."

Maybe "Sorry for your (weight) loss."

Anonymous said...

I had one in December. Not so bad. I had really bad stomach cramps the night after the procedure. They pump your gut full of air so it hurts once you get home. Go home, rest, have a good meal and you'll be fine. -- A Guy.

ccw said...

Sorry that you are missing your picnic. I hope all goes well.

Thanks for the peach jello report. We bought some but have not made it; now I can keep my expectations realistic.

Mummy/Crit said...

Bleh. Is it a double-end-ectomy (as my uncle dubbed the combined colonoscopy and gastroscopy he had). Either way, I'm about to read about how it went....

Miranda said...

Thanks for the link for this. I have the gatorade stuff to drink too so I think I will stay close to home for the afternoon. No sense being miserable at work.