Saturday, September 16, 2006

Hula is kicking my ass

We're learning "Little Gras$ $hack" and the uwehes are frelling painful. Not to mention, I still haven't gotten the hang of amis. My calves, thighs, and back are all asking me WTF I think I'm doing.

Aside from which, there are some arm movements that are nigh impossible for me to do correctly because my appendages get in the way. I'm a mountain range in a classful of rolling hills, if you know what I mean.

I'm loving every minute of it, though. I particularly like that my favorite fish, the humu-humu-nuku-nuku-apua'a, is mentioned in the song. (Dashes and dollar signs have been placed there to avoid having my classmates discover the site while researching the song)

Interesting aside: My Hawaiian Dance class and my Psych 300/301 joint class and lab each have only one male student, the rest of the students (28 in dance and 20 in psych!) are female. So I'm spending most of my class time with predominantly female classes. Bio and Religion are more of a 50/50 mix.

One of my Psychology classmates is pregnant, due December 2nd. She's already made arrangements with the professors if she can't attend finals.

2 comments:

Scrivener said...

Ella and Chloe have tried some hula. If we ever have a meet-up, you can impress the hell outta them! :)

ccw said...

Hula sounds fun and like quite a work out.

I'm not really surprised that hula is predominantly female, but I am surprised over the psych class. I don't remember ever having one that only had one male.

I went to school until 38 weeks with NSBH. I also made the arrangements at the beginning in case I went early. Of course, she hung on until 42 weeks.