Thursday, October 02, 2008

Would you believe????

I totally neglected to bring any knitting gear with me to this conference because I am a dork.

And then, last night, a woman got on the hotel elevator with me, carrying a small pretty shopping bag.

"What did you buy?" I asked.

"Yarn!" she said. "The only yarn store in Roanoke is five minutes away from this hotel! And it just opened TODAY!!!"

It was a sign.

I went. I swooned. It's a great store in a house across the street from the mall near the airport. Really nice inventory of sumptious yarns. I bought the makings of a pair of socks. Local yarn (Blue Ridge Yarns Jubilee in Evening Jewel).

I knitted six inches on it during the two (really excellent) sessions I went to today. It was just lovely.

4 comments:

kathy a. said...

oh, that is terrific.

Sue said...

"Evening Jewell" - it sounds beautiful even before it's made into something!

Happy knitting!

Quinn said...

Yay for conferences!

Yay for the yarn! I just took my first knitting lesson, and the crochet is still alive and well (new pics on my blog).

Ramblin' Red said...

You make me want to learn how to knit!