Thursday, October 02, 2008

Would you believe????

I totally neglected to bring any knitting gear with me to this conference because I am a dork.

And then, last night, a woman got on the hotel elevator with me, carrying a small pretty shopping bag.

"What did you buy?" I asked.

"Yarn!" she said. "The only yarn store in Roanoke is five minutes away from this hotel! And it just opened TODAY!!!"

It was a sign.

I went. I swooned. It's a great store in a house across the street from the mall near the airport. Really nice inventory of sumptious yarns. I bought the makings of a pair of socks. Local yarn (Blue Ridge Yarns Jubilee in Evening Jewel).

I knitted six inches on it during the two (really excellent) sessions I went to today. It was just lovely.

4 comments:

kathy a. said...

oh, that is terrific.

Sue said...

"Evening Jewell" - it sounds beautiful even before it's made into something!

Happy knitting!

Courtney said...

Yay for conferences!

Yay for the yarn! I just took my first knitting lesson, and the crochet is still alive and well (new pics on my blog).

Heather said...

You make me want to learn how to knit!