Tuesday, January 08, 2013

First sentences

It's (past) that time of year again.

Time to list the first sentence of the first post of each month from last year.

January: Starting the New Year off right.
"New Year's day was spent getting some hardware sorting boxes from BigBoxHardwareStore (and a rug to cover the speaker cables in the living room, because I was sick of tripping over them), and then helping with Muffin Man with the sorting of the pieces of his brand new Lego Mindstorms NXT set."
February: DOUBLE DIGITS!
"Muffin Man is 10 today."*
March: My son got excited and made something for me.
"The best part is that he made it using something that his dad got excited and made."
April: A fairy tale.
"Once upon a time two days ago, a wicked mother offered to go with her good and handsome son to buy a new two-wheeled steed for him to ride upon while slaying dragons in the surrounding kingdom."
May: What I've been reading, OMG I love my Kindle edition.
"The latest books in several series came out, and I got 'em that very day sent to my lovely lovely Kindle,"
June: Vacation review and wrap-up.
"I was away on vacation last week (sorry no notice, ever since I stopped blogging anonymously, I've stopped giving advance notice on absences). "
July: Maisie Dobbs is my new obsession.
"Just finished book 5 this morning"
August: Do you like my hat?
"This is the hat I've talked about before. "
September: Brief bullets of Labor Day
"Muffin Man is awesome and has an award to prove it."
October: "I don't suppose you have any sushi?"
"Muffin Man the other night at Bonefish."
November: It's election day. I'm at Dominion Trail Elementary handing out sample ballots.
"VOTE"
December: December holidays are here again
"Which means I'm bringing the music and the hand-made chocolates."**
*(The first February post is always about MM's B'day. He was born on the first)
**Boy oh boy did I ever bring the hand-made chocolates. 37 dozen. THIRTY-SEVEN DOZEN.

No comments: