Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The 2008 Meme

As seen many places, this one copied from Crunchy Granola.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Graduated College.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! Look at that little punim! And look at him now!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? I only travelled within the lower 48, and only to states I've been to before.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A President I don't despise. I think I might get that. A legal marriage for any couple that wants one.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Oh, definitely Election Night. The rally in Leesburg. My graduation.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My graduation. And helping Obama decisively win my precinct. But that wasn't MY achievement. That was OUR achievement
9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to keep my mess under control. Losing my shit with MM.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Do colds count? Oh! My doctor diagnosed me with Mono!
11. What was the best thing you bought? The VTech Kidizoom Camera. Though it's actually in the penalty box at the moment.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? MM, definitely, MM.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Crunchy Granola speaks for me when she says, "The K of C, the LDS, and everyone else who supported Proposition 8."
14. Where did most of your money go? Paying bills, eating out too much.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The election.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Ummm....None.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:i. happier or sadder? 'bout the same, I guess. ii. thinner or fatter? Yes. Smaller pants-size paired with the Ever-Expanding Rack of Doom. iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Sleeping, cleaning.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? I like Crunchy Granola's first answer here, "Mindless websurfing (usually too late at night, and addictively unsatisfying)."
20. How did you spend Christmas? The morning at home, the afternoon on the train, the evening at my Dad and Stepmom's, the night at my Mom and Stepdad's.
21. What LJ users did you meet? Like Crunchy Granola, I'll amend this to how many online friends did I meet for the first time in 08: Kathy A., redzils, and Elizabeth
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? I think I fell back in love with America.
23. How many one-night stands? Seriously??? I mean SERIOUSLY? Good GAWD.
24. What was your favourite TV program? The Daily Show and Dr. Who.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.
26. What was the best book you read? (So glad you discovered Archer Mayor, Crunchy G!)This is a hard one. I think, though, that I might have to give the crown to either Barbara Cleverly's Joe Sandilands mysteries or to Colin Cotterill's Dr. Siri Paiboun series.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? That my son has a nice singing voice.
28. What did you want and get? A job five minutes from home. An election outcome I really really really like.
29. What did you want and not get? Legal marriage for any couple that wants it.
30. What was your favourite film of this year? Forbidden Kingdom.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 39. And I don't remember what we did. Do you?
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If Prop 8 had failed, and the Democratic Senatorial candidate from GA had won.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Does it fit? Is it stain-free?
34. What kept you sane? Blogging, knitting, reading, snuggling.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Obama and The Yarn Harlot.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? What Crunchy Granola said. "The presidential election, generally, and marriage equality."
37. Who did you miss? My grandfather.
38. Who was the best new person you met? My new co-workers.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. No amount of walking is ever enough the night before an election.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Can't. Sorry. It is too much.

Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Antropóloga said...

Omigod, a list with links. Very comprehensive. :)

jenn said...

Awww, is Malcolm in your list!!!